The International Competition "Franz Schubert and Modern Music" (FS&MM) is a chamber music competition founded by the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz in 1989. Since then it has been offered every third year and brings young musicians from all over the world to Graz. The audience can enjoy a free-admission, multi-day festival of chamber music.
Right from the start, it was about bringing Schubert's chamber music into relation with new and newest works for suitable ensembles. In addition, the expansion of the chamber music repertoire with compositional competitions and commissioned works is actively pursued.
The International Competition "Franz Schubert and Modern Music" is a member of the World Federation of International Music Competitions and the Alink-Argerich-Foundation.
The 11th International Chamber Music Competition "Franz Schubert and Modern Music" (FS&MM) will take place from February 6 - 15, 2021 in the divisions Duo for Voice and Piano (Lied) and Trio for Piano, Violin and Violoncello (Piano Trio). It is a public competition and open to candidates from all nations and to stateless persons.
Application start: April 1, 2020
Application deadline: October 21, 2020
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
creative and curious musical personalities, full of fantasy, who make music at the highest level and reach, touch and delight their audiences with their performances of chamber music.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- prize money totalling approximately € 65,000.-
- career consulting and supervision for first-place prizewinners
- top-class jurors
- professional and comprehensive feedback offering constructive input for your professional path
- the opportunity to listen to competitors
- valuable exchange of experience with musicians from all over the world
- workshops in the fields of career planning, self-management and the music outreach